Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
January 29, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Stage 1 is mild, stage 2 moderate, stage 3 is severe, stage 4 very severe

January 31, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

They guide you every step of the way and call you to check in on how you're doing and to answer questions. I only needed to get a Doctors letter stating that I was unable to work and needed oxygen. I hope this helps you.

January 30, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It only too me 2 months. I went to the Apply for Social Security Site online, and got great help. The Lawyers I got only charged a minimal amount, and I got a good amount, going back from the date I applied. It was a big help.

January 30, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm not sure there is a solid answer to this question. I have heard of people being approved in less than a month and I have heard some take 10 years. I did not apply until I just couldn't work any longer. I was already in stage 3 and it only took me 4 months without being turned down. In 80% of the cases everyone is turned down the first time. If you havent already applied it also helps if you can apply for more than one problem that cam be documented by you Dr. I also suffered from anxiety and am not sure which I was approved for. I was already taking anti-anxiety medicines so it was in my records. Also if you havent applied yet you might want to consider getting a lawyer who has experience in SSDI.

January 30, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I could not do over the phone here only ssi can do over the phone I have ssdi( one based on work points ) I had to go into the local office and file

March 4, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sewell, NJ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bonifay, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jackson, TN