I badly need teeth pulled my dentist due to copd is not prepared to do this but my copd is mild to moderate so what is the problem I need to get them sorted not as they said wait for them now to fall out need advice Margaret Lipscombe
I agree I had my teeth pulled and plate put right in no problem
Why not do it the old way with a shot of novacane and pull the teeth , I had 16 teeth pulled with just a shot and then put a plate in and went home , Sure I had to go back for a plate adj but it at least I only went through the pain 1 time
I say find another Dentist .... Never heard of such a thing
Same here, filled me up with novicane, pulled the teeth and in when the plate. Maybe went back for one adjustment. Mouth healed to fit the plate.
Your dentist should be able to discuss your situation with your pulmonologist and give the anesthesiologist the information s/he needs to do safe surgery. Many surgeons/medical practitioners don't know enough about COPD to feel comfortable; that's why you need a good pulmo who can talk with those folks on your behalf. With mild to moderate COPD you shouldn't have any problems, assuming that whoever's doing the surgery is competent in the first place. I have severe to very severe COPD and have been under general anesthesia and intubated, then taken off the respirator with no problems.