Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Burlington, KS

Some air purifiers put out ozone as a result of purifying the air. The instruction manual states those with respiratory problems should not use unless approved by a Doctor. Does anyone use a room air purifier that is on O2 and has COPD? Any problems from it's use?

December 4, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use air purifiers
And on oxygen
I don't use the ozone option
Slow and steady we go

December 5, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I got an air purifier from Hammlacher and it works really well. It has no sound or smell and has helped tremendously in the bedroom

April 7, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Whatever works
We had to get rid of our cloth furniture
And rugs
And get a new flat top electric stove
Slow and steady we go

January 3, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Our dogs aren't allowed in the bedroom anymore
Door stays closed

January 3, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, I have been using both an air purifier with HEPA and activated carbon plus a wick type humidifier since my COPD diagnosis 7 years ago. I found significant recovery since.

January 22, 2025

Related Questions

View All