Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Darlington, SC

For those of you who use a c-pap do you use it anytime besides at night time

February 12, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You could use it anytime you wish to sleep. I don't know that using a c-pap at other times would help; it certainly wouldn't hurt, but I don't know if it would make a difference like a bi-pap would.

February 12, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am on a asv ... like a c pap and use only at night

March 2, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I checked with my specialist and he said the daytime pressure could not hurt

February 22, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use the c-pap which is compressed pressured air to keep your throat from closing when sleeping.You are given a number in your machine after being tested to have set for you so it fits your breathing problem.I can sleep in my uplift chair without it and no snoring so that is good.

February 21, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use mine when I go to bed, whether for the night or I am not feeling well. I also sometimes sleep on a wedge shaped pillow which elevates my upper body.

February 16, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Digby, N.S

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bakersfield, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pea Ridge, AR