Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Southend-on-Sea, UK
April 7, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think it might be more anxiety because of not being able to catch our breath. At first I thought it was depression but the more I thought about it I was more anxious than depressed. Check with your doctor and have them send you to a Mental Health Counselor.

April 9, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yep...I do. Been thru depression. I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks. Panic attacks not so much now but anxiety yes and I have had councelling for this which has helped me. I was told anxiety goes with the territory of emphysema....or even post op. I do have medication when required that I can take but I use my councelling tools first. I've been thru a really bad time the past year, the worst I've had in a while, so it has taken me time to get back on my feet. Positive thnking is a biggy....very hard sometimes but it does help. And do something you enjoy doing. I play my keyboard an that I love because I am musical as are my family. Hope you find something to help you.

April 7, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, I do get depressed some days worse than others. I am on a anti depressant to help and I really didn't want to have to do that. I can't clean my house or do the things I use to do as much or as well and it upsets me and feeling that family and friends don't really understand is what I think is the worse part.

April 7, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you..I don't have cold I come in here to find answers to help me cope with my mum who does have it. She tells me she has no interest in anything...now she won't go out ,not even in the car -she is afraid to walk to the car I think. She cannot cook,clean etc as you say...she has now stopped even really changing her clothes ...it's so hard especially as she refuses all help offered from carers -she just wants my dad to cope but he can't nor can I

April 8, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Due to chronic depression I have been on meds since I was 28 and have never been able to successfully get of them, so in answer, I sometimes feel down but the meds keep me from a full blown depression and I would highly recommend them if you have COPD and are having a hard time coping.

April 7, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Navarre, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Austin, TX