Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Reno, NV
April 23, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

since I started using medical marijuana my mucus is 95 percent better and I have more energy.

April 23, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Unfortunately, mucus is inherent with this disease. Drinking plenty of water helps thin out mucus. Certain foods can increase mucus production (see the Lung Institute for a list), dust, fumes, pollen and allergies also contribute as well as a sinus or upper respiratory infection.

April 23, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My doctor has said that if the mucus is brown then it may well mean there is a lung infection, antibiotics are a must and quickly

April 24, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use a 600mg decongestant daily and take a daily allergy/asthma pill. That's the best I've come up with. Don't like to take antibiotics unless absolutely necessary.

April 23, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Mucus should be clear. Yellow is the start of an infection and green an infection . Any color but clear shows an infection starting or already in the lungs .

April 24, 2016

Related Questions

View All