Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ludington, MI

Does anyone that is on oxygen 24/7 not wear there oxygen when in public for a short time?

May 23, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I wear my O2 in public any time I need to. Not doing so courts right heart failure and brain damage. I'm not interested in either one, thank you. I've found that 99% of the time no one pays any attention to you, especially if you make eye contact and flash a big smile....works every time.

May 23, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have been able to do it but it is a risky thing to do unless I am sitting still.

April 2, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

there are times I can do without for a very short time or if I am sitting like in offices, but most of the time I use it because lack of oxygen is hard on your heart and your brain.

June 2, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I always wear mine

May 24, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Why would you want to. No one looks at you it's all in your mind. If anything you get treated much better by everyone. If you would rather cause damage to your lungs sooner then later because of being vain very sad.

May 23, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oaklyn, NJ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Co Durham

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Meadville, PA