Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
May 23, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

POCs can be used at home, but they tend to be a lot less reliable if they're in constant use. The sieve beds have to be replaced more often and they tend to wear out faster. There are people who do make the exchange and are pleased with it. I wouldn't find it very satisfactory.

May 23, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Look at the new Philips unit

May 24, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have a concentrator for home use and a portable for on the go (out of the house) when needed. My Dr wrote the scripts for both and my medical supplier delivered them and does maintenance on them ever so often. My portable is pulse only so if you are breathing out of your mouth when your sleeping it wouldn't work for you. It only gives you a puff of oxygen when you breathe in through your nose. I also use my portable at home when there is a power outage.

May 23, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

So it partly depends on the type of portable you use. My Inogen G5 has 6 settings that I could use 24/7 but I just bought the Inoger at Home that goes to 5 lpm, and is continuous flow to use in my home and overnight. It is only 18 bounds and can be put in a small carry-on bag with wheels for air travel or overnight stays on vacation.
Ha! Haven't been on even a small trip since Covid shut down but looking forward to a short road trip next month. The pulse mode on the Inogen one G5 works fine for me during the day and Inogen is coming out with a new portable in the near future.
I have extra batteries that will give me about 8-10 hours on level 3 or 4, and I really like that it comes with Bluetooth for your phone that calculates your battery life according to your breathing as well. It is expensive but I bought mine with a lifetime warranty so they replace the unit overnight or ASAP, they don't repair it. That applies to my home unit as well, and runs and is also charging anytime you are using it in your car. I would only buy from Inogen direct, not any of the online medical suppliers. Some of the prices of Inogen accessories are ridiculous, but you can buy brand-new accessories on Amazon and ebay.

August 2, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I used a potable along time before I had to get a big one it's a cording to what level you are at. My intergen. 1 was a 3 and not continuous but I had to go to a continuous. So I can't use it any more .

June 10, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
St. Paul, MN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Altoona, PA