Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Brampton, ON

When I can't catch my breath and am weak and have to go to emergency they test my blood oxygen thru the finger top reader and it is usually 90%. I try to explain that if I sneeze or cough I lose my air. Have asked for a peak flow test for lung volume abd haven't been getting anywhere. I feel like I'm breathing thru a straw abd can't even blow out a candle. No one seems to listen

June 18, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hello, a peak flow meter is not the answere.
Ask your family doctor to refer you to a resperologest.
He will do a series of test to measure your lung capacity.
They will do a blood gass test on you to get the exchange rate of oxygen, this is by taking blood from you artery in your rist the same one you feel for your paluse, not a vain.
Lennie

October 5, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have type 2 diabetes ,copd and all three that go with it also severe Osteo through-out my body , still smoke smoke , quit for 2 yrs. and felt terrible and sick more often , at this point in life at 71 i'm going to enjoy myself n, I am in God's hands. I'm not on oxygen as of now.. Everone have a breathe easy day and God bless.

July 11, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When thay check my blood thay go deep vain in wrist .you will have tank test it will give them better reading hope you have better days to come i have some good days i breeth throu nose and been so strest had a crafty cig which ino is bad but relaxes me

July 9, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You Want to buy and oxometer I did and I test my own levels It only cost £7.98 The best thing I ever did If it drops below 90 you need to go to the doctor him and tell him Some time they just brush us aside Hope this helps

July 3, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You could go to the lung ASSOCIATION

June 24, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Plymouth, MA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In