Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Does anyone know of any local in person monthly meetings for a support group that gets together for copd, Empyema in Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas area?

December 5, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The Better Breather's Club in Arlington TX on Cooper Street near Randol Mill Rd. Meets the last Thursday of each month from 1-3 pm. We will not have one this month because of Christmas. The first hour is a pot luck lunch and the 2nd hour is usually a professional who speaks on matters of interest to those of us with lung disease. If the speaker wimps out, Kim Trahan, the respiratory therapist comes up with a topic, usually stuff to review. We share information as well. Most of us have COPD but some have Pulmonary Fibrosis, Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary Hypertension or some combination. I haven't been going lately because I'm using such high levels of oxygen right now but I'm changing some things so that I might be able to go in January. I'd love to meet you there. Very non-formal and non-scary. A lot of us have been through pulmonary rehab there but not all of us. Everyone is welcome regardless. Please keep in touch if you are interested. I've been going since 2009 and really believe in this. Spouses are also welcome and we have some very sweet stories about them.

December 5, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hello- I have a COPD clinical trial available. Feel free to call or text me for more info. (Phone number can only be seen by the question and answer creators).

September 19, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I did thank you for your help, please read previous post.

August 24, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Google it

August 24, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dallas, TX

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Philadelphia, PA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Alviso, CA