Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Watsonville, CA

I have a pft coming up on the 15th. I know I can't use any inhalers that morning and I can't use my nebulizer. I rely on those just to get going in the morning. I'm afraid I will get very short of breath and not able to use my rescue inhaler. I am on oxygen 24/7. Anyone have any advice?

February 6, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I talked to my doctor yesterday about being worried about not being able to use my inhalers on the morning of the test and she said to go ahead and use them like I always do. They will take that into consideration. I was so relieved! I have my pft on March 21st. Hope your's goes well @A MyCOPDTeam Member.

February 23, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

be calm slow your breathing and in thru your nose and out your mouth smell the roses blow out the candel

February 13, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member stick to your regime and yes, let your pulmo know you did for sure. Gather up all your positive confidence from your house and march right down there and tell him/her "here I am!" You will feel so uplifted.

February 9, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I would call them ahead of time and found out what medicines you can take or not the day of testing! I believe I did all my inhalers ( Breo, Spiriva® Respimat and the rescue inhaler [ ProAir]) ! However like @A MyCOPDTeam Member, I woke earlier to do them.

February 6, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I take symbicort and a rescue inhaler.....when I am scheduled for tests that morning......I use my rescue inhaler 4 to 6 hours prior to my appointment.....BUT.......I have been told that if I need to use inhaler prior to function tests......DO SO......just let them know......they say your health is more important.....including their breathing......just relax.....do nothing until you do the tests......I know everyone is different and have different stages/levels but this is what I have to do......I hope this helps

February 6, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Anderson Island, WA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Anderson Island, WA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Tampa, FL