Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chilliwack,B.C

I am wondering if anyone has applied for or is receiving the disability tax credit in Canada. I am considering applying for this.Do you have your GP fill out the paper work or does it need to be filled out by my specialist?

February 18, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Send the forms in ASAP @A MyCOPDTeam Member and you will get retroactive this year.

February 27, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Gp can fill out forms

March 10, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I'm just not sure how severe my COPD has to be to qualify. I'm not as bad as otthers I have seen on this site.No Oxygen needed.

March 2, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My hubby gets the disability tax credit.After they accepted his claim they gave him retroactive credit and it is good for 10 years.He has just reapplied for it.

February 25, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Your therapist and doctor should be working together to fill out the forms. You just sign on all the appropriate lines, then wait, up to 6 months. I have received a lump sum but I don't know if I receive something every year. They didn't stipulate.

February 25, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Halifax, UK