Both......., absolutely your worst enemy and can and does destroy immune systems and lives. judg69
I was on heavy doses of Predisone for months after my transplant. Since I am doing very well, I can't say it was a bad thing. I will say however that heavy use of steroids weakens your bones. As a result, I suffered several compression fractures in my back. After several treatments, my back issues have pretty much subsided. If you are on a regular regiment of Predisone, be sure to take some type of Calcium supplement. Eat 3 or 4 Tums per day.
you can do it just take it slow and steady no marathons yet
I was on heavy Predisone after my transplant. Heavy use weakens your bones among other things. I ended up with several compression fractures in my back. Painful, had them treated and all is well now.
Both, absolutely your best friend, and can and does save lives,