Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Olmsted, OH

Has anyone experienced increased dental issues, i.e., more cavities, etc. since using the various inhalers and steroids? I heard that these things can have an effect on teeth.

November 14, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi I’m the one with three teeth pulled, took good care of my teeth. This first dental,work in 20 years , feeling better now ,this was worst them having baby. Ok Happy New year to everyone In the club

December 29, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

For me, at age 71, the health of my mouth has improved -- no cavities - no gum disease. I am very meticulous about not only rinsing my mouth, but I also brush my teeth after each and every nebulizer or inhaler treatment. How bad can your mouth be if your brushing 5 times a day. I also found that eating half of a raw apple a day improved inflammation.

December 27, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I know, right?? Not sure when the fun part of getting old kicks in.......or if it even does?? LOL

November 17, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes my dentist told me the inhalers steroids ECT can affect your teeth, I've been more to the dentist these last few yrs than I've ever been, my dentist tells me to have a check up every three months rather than the usual 6 month check, hope this helps 😉x

November 15, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I just went to dentist to day, I know the inhaler . Make your mouth sore in spots. I have three bad cavities . They have to be pulled., but one is my front tooth. I don’t have dental,insurance, joist the basic., price $19300.,they have a payment plan..their goes my Christmas’s shopping,, I’m not planing to buy much .just for Great grand children. I,did some shopping a few weeks ago,. Next week,I see the dentist again. Take care.

November 14, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Olmsted, OH

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Winston Salem, NC