Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Halifax, NS

Does anyone have a fairly quick way to get rid of the odor that some Oxygen Tubing and Cannulas have? Most that I purchase from Amazon are of a non odor type, but the Salter brand seems to have such a horrid smell. That can not be good to be breathing into our lungs.

March 1, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sorry, I had to laugh at that 'right in the nose'. Too Funny! Sounds just like something that I would do!!!!!

March 1, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I usually put it in for about 15 minutes...try to get the tubing in their and turn the machine on and let it go...It doesn't hurt the tubing at all....after you take it out of the concentrator and vinegar and alcohol solution, dry it off but turn the machine on and let it go to blow out the alcohol and vinegar. I made the mistake once of taking it out and putting it right in the nose...I was actually inhaling the alcohol and vinegar....I learned the hard way. It doesn't take much about 1/4 cup of each...just enough to cover your canula and part of the tubing.... Breath easy...

March 1, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I just put the cannulas in a mixture of alcohol and vinegar. It cleans and sterilizes. But I replace the tubes ever 2 to 3 months....I don't want them dragging around when I don't use them.

March 1, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I put new cannulas on nebulizer machine and leave it on for a good while helps get rid of some of the smell .

March 5, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sorry, I have not smelled an odor from my oxygen supplies.

August 26, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Halifax, NS

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In