Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Van Buren, AR
March 17, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

There are a number of things you can do: postural drainage, any of the flutter-like devices, a vest that actually pummels the mucous up and out, saline solution is sometimes prescribed, mucinex and lots of water, and if you're having frequent exacerbations you can try Daliresp or azithromycin taken three times a week. You really need to see your pulmonologist and discuss these issues.

March 17, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Use musinex 1200 tablet every 6hrs. And water..

March 17, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Has any one ever tried or heard of salt caves for respiratory & copd ? It is a holistic therapy ! It's 100% natural , I have severe copd & am on Spiriva & symbicort, I have heard great about salt cave spa, & & people with copd & people with lung disease & how it's help with breathing , I have found a place that has this been twice & when I left after spending 45 minutes lying in a lawn chair in a room made entirely of Himalayan salt &deep breathing this in ! When I leave I cough so much phlegm up it total amazes me , I feel really good after all of that , & I plan to keep going back to see if it really will help me ,so so good ! I don't know the technology of this except I think it is helping me , my chest starts to feel heavy & I do have a hard time getting phlegm up & this seems to help me ! Maybe it would be worth checking it out wherever you live or just Google salt life cave & spa ! ( sorry I'm not very good at explaining things, but check it out )

March 19, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I agree with Jeans advice.

March 18, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use loratadine it’s cheaper than Claritin, because most of my problem starts in my sinuses

March 18, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
10 mile West Pottsborro, Texas

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In