Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 5, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

http://blog.lptmedical.com/16-mucus-clearing-te...

This is a great article that deals with this issue and provides all the different ways that you can use to get the mucus up. I have used the clapping method on numerous patients to help clear mucus. It is easy for a family member to learn to do it.

April 5, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My doctor gave me aflutter valve to blow into to help lossen.any mucus.

April 5, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Blowing bubbles. Get a small bottle pour some cold water in get a straw and blow bubbles works for me x

April 10, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use huffing technique (see link above posted by @A MyCOPDTeam Member), and a flutter device if I'm extra congested. Both methods require resisting the urge to cough.
Then mucous suddenly expels easily.
I feel that the huffing, which I do early morning, helps get rid of stale air built up overnight as well as expelling mucous, and that the flutter device is helping to keep the diaphragm fit..
Occasional use of a salt pipe seems to keep away that tickle from the throat. ☺ 🍀

April 5, 2018 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use the "huffing method, breathe out and huff, huff, huff 3 times, does my hurt my throat but brings up the mucus.

April 5, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Falkirk, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Prior Lake, MN