Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Batesville, AR

I just started using inhalers, Symbicort twice a day and rescue inhaler Albuterol. Whenever I use the rescue one I get a slight headache on one side of my head. Anyone else have this happen?

June 2, 2018
 · 
Reactions
Learn more about the drug treatment mentioned above.
A MyCOPDTeam Member

it might be good to check with one of the nurses or RTs in your pulmonologist's practice to let them know what you're experiencing. I've not heard of that, but strange things do happen. Ask them to help you determine if you're using proper inhaler technique and if there's anything else that they would recommend. I guess my point is that it's not ordinary, so I'd get it checked out.

June 2, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

yes I do sometimes

June 6, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The albuterol contains a chemical that can cause your vessels to constrict--this usually creates a headache....same reason it can cause that 'shaky' feeling ( like too much coffee)

July 4, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have only just started having headaches with mine i have just changed inhaler so i think that might be it so will get it checked

June 9, 2018
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you Jean!

June 2, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Newburgh, NY

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Manteca, CA