Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Coventry, RI

I tried using a cloth mask yesterday..I couldn't breathe it was too restrictive..I ended up having an anxiety attack..anyone have an ideas..I am war for my stimulus check so right now I can't afford anything..I used a bandana it was too thick..my neighbor has COPD as well and she has problems breathing with the cloth as well..she only had one left of the disposable mask...
Any thoughts???

April 17, 2020
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The paper ones like they have in the hospitals,but so hard to find. I got a little bold and went to the receptionist desk,of my pulmonologist,and just asked for one. If you are on oxygen,or tell them you have copd,a good chance they will give you one.

April 25, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

There were two webinars today on COPD and COVID19, and the question was asked about masks. It was suggested that one use a bandanna style mask where the mask doesn't go under the chin, but leaves the bottom of the mask open. That would make it much easier to breathe, because you could exhale longer and really use PLB techniques.

April 20, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

hello;. try using a mask with a filter in it. I have had copd since 1993 and still having problems. my grand daughter order it on line for me. when I get the website I will post it so every one can get it. keep hanging in there

April 19, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I found a video on youtube where a man made several masks, including one he made using a paper towel, two rubber bands and a stapler.....disposable of course. I made one the first time I had to go to Walmart and it worked just fine and I could breathe while wearing it. I have since purchased some cloth masks and they are harder to breathe through. I bought some extra rubber bands at Walgreens and will keep them on hand for making a paper towel mask again if necessary. Try it. If you search for "mask made from paper towel" on youtube it will show the steps. No sewing!

April 18, 2020
A MyCOPDTeam Member

that N95 mask is very hard to wear I can almost not be able to breath

April 23, 2020

Related Questions

View All