Has anyone experienced a high RBC count and what treatment was recommended? Will this contribute to shortness of breath or cause other issues?
High red blood cells can be associated with COPD, and are often caused by chronic hypoxia. Here's a good link: https://www.emedicinehealth.com/polycythemia_hi...
update: Oh well. Primary doc didn't mention the blood count at all. Just talked about Cholesterol readings, only a couple points higher than the Normal range. Always pickin the low hanging fruit. 🤔 Doc disagrees that statins can cause shortness of breath but left it go until next visit.
As IT is , SO it goes.
Thanks Jean for that link it was very informative and very interesting I have both an asthma and copd review next week I will be raising a few questions now I’m getting to know more. I did notice something about kidney cyst I do have a cyst on the kidney but told it just sits there nothing to worry about I’m going to question that as well they say my cholesterol levels are fine again Jean many thanks for the link
Thanks for the comments and study Link from @A MyCOPDTeam Member so far. . . hmmm 🤔
Never heard that