Exactly right, @A MyCOPDTeam Member. The number’s important, but how you feel is the best indicator of overall abilities and wellness. The numbers don’t mean the same thing for everyone, @A MyCOPDTeam Member.
Fri, 14-OCT-22 @ 10:12am PST
My last test 6 weeks ago showed 23%, i walked over 2 miles yesterday at 5,280-foot altitude, my lung function has gradually fallen over the last 7 years, so i just do things slower.
Thank You All ..
I have 14% do I count ? 😁
Tell him not to freak out, @A MyCOPDTeam Member. A year ago my lung function went down to 16% (before I was on oxygen), and yet this year I’m back to 26-28%. A single measurement may be a short-term issue. It could be an equipment issue. As long as you’re not struggling / feeling poorly, then it’s just a number.
Have him get tested a few more times before accepting that the number is his new normal.