I use a ResMed ventilator, when I went to the emergency room they found that I had so much carbon dioxide that I was told if I would have waited a day and a half longer I would not be here. They were very worried that they were going to have to intubate me, if I said that right, I'm grateful they did not I was in the hospital for 5 days. I was sent home with a ventilator and I'm grateful I was. I get on it in the morning for about 30 minutes to an hour and starts my day off nice and periodically through the day I will use it for about 15-20 minutes.
Yes I do! Love it for portability and it really helps with my walking. I use it when I have to do my minute walk test and do my walks up and down my street. Yu will want to work with the rep that comes to your home and make sure to get your settings correct! I've had it for about 9 months now.
Same with me, Only on 10/28/22, I did not wake up, and was eventually rushed to an Emergency ROOM, and treated for carbon dioxide poisoning, or rather, hypercapnia! I’m note on the same ventilator you are, the ResMed, which I sleep in. I didn’t know about getting on while awake. Were you told that has therapeutic benefits. What else have you been told? I’m concerned about myself because on 10/25/22 I had a Pulminary Function Test (PFT) and lung percentage was 26% and for another doctor I had a PTF on 11/25/22 and lung percentage was 22%. That’s a decline of 4% lung function/volume in 30 days. Does that mean I have six months to live, I’m wondering?
I don't use it, but I have friends who do. It helps them enormously. I don't know anyone using it who says it doesn't work or want to give it back.