Does anyone have information on the pros and cons of the Lung Reduction Procedures? That is, Valves vs Surgically Removing Damaged lung lobes. I would like to add people to my Team that have had the Zephry Valves placed in them for lung reduction.
I haven't heard of the valve procedure but had the lower rt lobe of my lung removed due to bullous but that was 15 years ago and the only other invasive procedure was when the Dr put a tube in my rt lung as it had collasped and inflated it with some type of powder to glue the lung to my ribs ,that was about 8 years ago and still doing good although I am on oxygen but exercise on my treadmill used to get out on my scooter until it was no longer usable now I'm pretty depressed as the scooter really calmed me down from my high anxiety but I am grateful as I have outlived the time given me by doctors and don't getting any lung infections now so all in all things are good and hopefully I will one day have a mobility scooter again, :) peace out folks!
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC26... This is the link to the NIH review of Lung Volume Reduction Surgery. Go to www.pulmonx.com to get the best information on the valves. Mixed reviews on both. While we know a lot more than we did when the NIH study was done, we still aren't able to identify with precision who will do well with the valves and who won't.
I qualified for valves they went the day of procedure, did final test and said I had collateral leakage, fissures so valves would not work
I then saw a surgeon for over and was denied because I had no clear areas. The idea is to get rid of bad sections so good sections expand and work better
Plus 9n oxygen 24 and 7 ....I am grateful!
Sorry to hear that yiu were u able to get the procedure never give up there's other procedures that may help you plus new meds ,I was supposed die years ago but still here breathing going on treadmill and getting my new mobility scooter next week! Sending prayers your way! : )