Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Toronto, ON
March 11, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Id like to hear that answer, without using a dictionary or google
Few months back had a horrible bug, debating about going to hospital (typical male)but got an emergency appointment by phone to family doc. Said I needed the typical amoxicillin and prednisone. Gave me 7 days amox and 5 days 10mg pred. Called again bc was still really sick, meds ran out and needed an extension(4 days off meds now) (2 pharmacist told me most with copd need longer session on meds bc its hard for us to fight , bugs, flu etc off) Told doc I was having horrible exacerbations. He asked me to give an explanation of what an exacerbation was,,, I was WTF, am I the one who went to medical school here,,,, Well I answered wrong and he wrote me off as having normal copd symptoms. Had copd 10 years now, I know what normal is

may as well also toss in term copd attack also :)

March 11, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member ,,,,, oh sorry, I must of explained wrong. I was on the phone, trying to get something to help me more. From reading on the net and talking to one pain doctor and 2 different pharmacist I asked if it was normal to stay on an antibiotic or prednisone longer than the average 7 days (seen up to 2 weeks) Some seemed a bit anti prednisone and from what I read 3 months plus on a high dose seemed to be danger. Plus it seemed like IMO it was worse for women.
So to him he felt I was just having what he called normal copd stuff. In his defense he was looking at a ct scan from a month ago and the one day I seen him in his office he said my chest sounded clear (last visit I showed how my throat always rattles). For pass Ten years its been mostly hacking phlegm till fall Id have an asthma attack every 2nd day for 6 weeks or so. This time ard a normal day of coughing stuff up, 2nd day of Phlegm jamming and struggle to get it up then 3rd day jammed up all day and nothing came up ,,,repeat (toss in bad nose cold on top and dehydrated). He then told me to explain what a exasperation is "told him producing more mucus than normal that would not come up, which also made it hard to breath and could go days without sleep ,,,, he said wrong answer.
so how wrong was my answer ?????

last visit I asked for daxas, thought it was working for a week till today.

March 18, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Great info. DSH!! Learned some things… I’m new to this game.
I just learned about Pulmanary Rehab. and I was diagnosed in 2020 after being hospitalized with severe COVID pneumonia…
Would have thought it would have been recommended then…!
The summer heat made me take my COPD/emphysema seriously.
I had a couple of episodes that were a wake up call.
Take care and breathe well!😊

July 13, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The hot weather is a nightmare for me as of my last check my lung function was 37% and I really struggle in the heat, I have not yet give in to oxygen, but find it very hard to exercise as I have severe arthritis of the spine, I have injections every 6 months but they never last that long, so I do my best when I can I just try to not let it get me down a positive attitude helps so much x

July 26, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hamburg, NY