Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I am currently on 5 liters of oxygen 24/7. I have a concentrator for home use, and a Freestyle portable unit for use outside the home. This is ok, but I'm wondering if there is a benefit to switching to the Life 2000. My pulmonologist suggested i give it a try. From what i read, it weighs 1 lb. and can be portable. It looks like a small square thing you clip to your waist. But the pictures also show someone with a backpack on. Is the backpack the concentrator? How much does that… read more

April 20, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I do! Love it for portability and it really helps with my walking. I use it when I have to do my minute walk test and do my walks up and down my street. Yu will want to work with the rep that comes to your home and make sure to get your settings correct! I've had it for about 9 months now. The o2 flow is a variant. When I start breathing harder it seems to sense and increase the oxygen flow. I've seen it as high as 5.6 ltr pm and down to 1.5. in the middle setting. When at rest I switch it to setting 1 or sleep position as my breathing slows down. The rep can help with these settings to fit your needs.

May 3, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

First of all, your Freestyle only delivers 1.05LPM. The setting of 5 is just that; it does NOT mean that you're getting 5 LPM. You aren't. You're only getting 1.05 LPM by pulse dose over a minute. That's something to think about.

The backpack is the 02 tank that is required by the Ventilator. I don't believe it will work with any other 02 source. Check with the supplier or the manufacturer to be sure, but I believe that is the case.

April 20, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I invite you to visit my page. I posted some photos from the Life Share Oklahoma flag raising in April. I am using my life 2000 with an E tank of O2. I use a C tank sling bag to carry the life 2000 unit along with other stuff.

May 8, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bellingham, WA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
London, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In