Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
St Thomas, Ontario Canada
April 22, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Aleta, I am involved in research as part of the planning and actual doing of the research, so I if there are questions you have, maybe I can answer them. The other thing you can do is go to the place where the research is being done and let them know you're interested. They'll take you through the entire process and you'll have opportunities to ask lots of questions. You haven't committed to anything until you've actually signed the consent to participate, and you have the right to quit at any time. Pretty much everything in the research process is designed to protect human subjects. Every research project has to submit every activity and piece of paper designed for patients to a Internal Review Board who has to approve it, so it's very unlikely that you would be harmed.

April 23, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yup; just got back from U of Iowa on Monday after doing a followup visit for a study on COPD and bone density. I'm also involved in the COPD Gene study. I don't qualify for most studies on meds because I haven't had an exacerbation in a long time.

April 22, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thinking about it

April 23, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

#aletacolte....I signed up for a study which would have lasted for 52 weeks, but I changed my mind because it was so time consuming.

April 23, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

thanks Jean for the information

April 23, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Amarillo, TX

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kamiah, ID