Has anyone used the over the counter canned oxygen "Boost Oxygen" for SOB!
I currently use portable O2 and an emergency inhaled. I was wondering about a quicker response for SOB.
I have found that pressed lip breathing really helps with SOB. Just put your lips together like you are going to whistle when you exhale, try it, you might like it ....lol. Good luck and breathe easy
Thank you. Your advise is always well thought out and understandable.
Shortness of Breath (sob) is not always resolved by 02. Prescribing 02 is not to reduce your sob, although it may; it is prescribed to ensure that your 02 saturation levels remain up where your body gets the 02 it needs to function properly. Here's a good site that explains the need for supplemental 02 and what you can expect:
https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/the-need-f...
It will help you understand why the boost 02 won't work the way you think it should.
Yes, i do that breathing technique. Thank you.