Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Truro, NS
July 25, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, I take oramorph 5mls at night, stops me coughing all night

July 26, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I started at 2.5mg 4 x a day and then was introduced to 1 mg of liquid when the slow release didn't work that fast ,just for a booster. I started on this for breathing easier and pain. Now I'm on 10ng 3 x a day and 2ml 4times a day. I was surprised at how well it works for breathing and energy. My pain is next to nothing now. I am very grateful to my pulmonary Dr for starting me on it. Who would have thought??!!!!! 😸😸

July 28, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes. In low does it is effective. Or has been for me in the past.

July 27, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@ jean. It was suggest that I may
want to use it as I was having difficulty with sob on exertion at times. Otherwise I don't experience any issues. I am not on oxegen and my levels run between 97/98.No one has ever said I was end stage. What does that look like? I appreciate your answers Jean. They are very informative.

July 26, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It's often done at end stage; it doesn't reduce the air hunger one can feel, but it does reduce the anxiety that goes with it. I have several friends who have had it prescribed toward the end of their lives.

July 25, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Surprise, AZ

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Waterford, PA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Vallejo, CA