Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Working

October 7, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member
Unfortunately, there is no real answer to this one. I also work with lil ones. 28 1st graders, who all seem to have runny noses and coughs. We keep large containers of anti-bacterial clothes and use them all the time to clean our desks. Also, they like to squirt the hand sanitizer. We seem to use gallons, so it does help I am sure. I carry the sanitizer In my handbag all the time. The hazards of our jobs, I guess.

October 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Linda, I am surprised and saddened that being aware of your condition he has given you a responsibility that can cause you issues regarding your health. Have you anyone at the school you can talk to or able to get advice? There are employment guidelines that should be followed and if you feel that these have not you should get legal advice from an expert. Not sure if that helps but it does sound like you need a chat with someone with legal knowledge

October 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you have chronic fatigue, you may want to consider finding another type of work where you won't be expected to do as much physical activity and won't be exposed to kids who have lots of bugs. I'm curious about the term "SEN physically challenging reception children"; can you define this for me? What does SEN stand for and who are "reception children"?

October 7, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Maysville, GA