Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
October 7, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Dear @A MyCOPDTeam Member, please note that Trelegy and Trimbow are NOT THE SAME. They are only SIMILAR in that that they contain the three types of meds commonly used for late stage COPD treatment. They are both long-acting formulations, lasting up to 24 hours between doses.

TRIMBOW is manufactured by Cheisi Group Ltd. and is a MDI-type (misted) inhaler.

TRELEGY is manufactured by GSK (Glasko Smith Kline) and is a Powdered-dose (pMDI) inhaler.

Unlike Trimbow, Trelegy is approved for use in both the US and UK, and as a Controller medicine for some Asthma diagnosis as well as for advanced COPD symptoms.

October 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You might be experiencing thrush so I suggest brushing your teeth after you inhale it or rinsing really well. That should prevent thrush.

October 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

With all the side affects you listed, stop immediately and call your Dr. You will be glad you did. I've taken myself off all steroids of any kind. I use Spiriva Respimat 2.5 mgs along with Albuterol. The steroids were affecting my eyes. I won't risk my sight. I'm to visual a person. Call your doctor.

October 9, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sounds like a good start to try to figure out what's going on. You might also check with your pharmacist to see if there are interactions with Trimbow and any other meds you may be taking.

October 8, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was rinsing my mouth out for this reason when I had Flutiform, and I was ok, but I’ve been changed to Trimbow and rinsing and gargling but unfortunately I’ve had to stop, my mouth and tongue and throat is so sore and dry that I’m having trouble eating. My eyes are affected too. I started it last Wednesday and I’ve stopped today , Sunday . I also had a cluster migraine on Saturday morning ( I take Pizotifen for these) I’m going to ring and explain that the side effects are not on the cards for me.

October 8, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ponca City, OK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In