Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Marshville, NC

When just getting started with a walking program, which one should I use.

October 13, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
Video: Breathing and Walking With COPD Read Article...
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I wouldn't do either; I'd use pursed lip breathing: exhaling twice as long as inhaling. With COPD, the exhale is way more important than the inhale. You can do it by count: inhale 1,2; exhale 3, 4, 5, 6.

October 13, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Here I am replying to my own question. Just wanted to add that I tried walking outside for a few minutes and the 'one on one" breathing just came naturally. I think I'll stick with that for now.

October 14, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Someone on here was looking for a flutter I got mine on amazon I googled flutter I got one from my GP as well so whilst I’m using one the other is being washed xx

June 12, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It’s a device that you blow into it has a metal ball inside it whilst your blowing into it the device then vibrates it’s supposed to help the mucus to come up. I got one on prescription from my doctor it has only one ball but I got one on Amazon it came in a case which it had 3 different size balls that came with it I think it was about £12 it depends on how I am if I have chest infection ill I use the smaller ball then work back up to the large ball. It all comes apart for cleaning but I much prefer the Amazon bought flutters it’s very good value for the money I paid for it.

July 9, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

What is a Flutter?

July 8, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Brunswick, Canada

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Calhoun Falls, SC