Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bahamas
October 12, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

One of the best advice given to me was to purchase a Shower Chair. You can sit and wash or just sit for a bit when needed. I was skipping showers because it drained me so severely. That chair was a huge help for me.

October 12, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

One of the most common activities that COPDers have to face. It uses a lot of energy that is like walking at a brisk pace. Chairs in the shower help a lot of people.

October 18, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I agree. I love using the shower chair. It also helps with me being a fall risk. Another tip, don't dry off with a towel, it uses too much energy. Instead wrap up in a terry cloth bathrobe.

October 12, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yess so much that now I hate taking a shower ! It was such a pleasure Before...
This disease complicate everything, therefor I nearly don't want to do anything any more - that's only facts. Hugs

October 18, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

And, wear your oxygen in the shower if you don’t already. Put it up over the rod / curtain, then put it on. Good luck, @A MyCOPDTeam Member.

Saturday night, 12-OCT-24

October 12, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Tellico Plains, TN