Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
October 15, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Donna, I only have used Trelegy and it has helped.
But I have never heard of anyone using both! I agree with Rolland on this issue. You need to clarify with your doctor as you are double dosing and that can be harmful.

October 16, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Donna. I trust you are using both meds with your Doc's approval. But the ingredients in them are overlapping. Usually, once we are moved to the "Triple therapy" brands like Breztri or Trellegy - the other inhalers go away.

You can investigate this by reading the Side effects for Advair and Trelegy by clicking on the blue words in the post here and then having à chat with your Doc.
be Well
"

October 15, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member🙇‍♀️🙌 Good Morning 😃 I have used Advair for over 20 years. This year I had to switch to the Advair HFA. My insurance wouldn’t cover the Diskus anymore. I’m so glad for the switch. It’s been a huge blessing for me. Believe I tried the Trelegy once but I do better with the Advair.
God Bless you and Breathe Easy
10/15/2024 10:13 am

October 15, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I tried Trelegy for a few days but side effects from the steroids (anxiety, irritability) were too much. Spiriva seems to work pretty well without the side effects.

October 15, 2024

Related Questions

View All