Hi, @A MyCOPDTeam Member, what oxygen unit are you using? Most come with a bubbler to add moisture into the oxygen flow to address the over-drying issue.
Otherwise, @A MyCOPDTeam Member has you covered with his suggestions for topical treatments.
Good luck !
Tuesday night, 29-OCT-24
Using a water humidifier on the oxygen machine may help with your issue.
My nose dryness is mostly cured with plain saline sprays, but I am not 24/7 O2. I do feel the more moist the nasal passages are the LESS Oxygen it seems I need to use tho? π€π€
My Doc has suggested AYR Gel and NELI brand in the past. A bit expensive solution if you ask me. We are cautioned about avoiding ANY petroleum-based solution in the nose during Oxygen use. But here is a tip from and 'Ol-Skooler some time ago: Try a bit of water-based lubricant on a Q-Tip. The brand KY comes to mind. That, and staying VERY Hydrated overall.
Don't shoot the messenger! π
be Well.
If you use ANYTHING in your nose make certain it is compatible with oxygen!