Hi SHAR 101.Regarding your question about putting pulmonary rehab so far away.If these people actually had COPD themselves,i don't think it would be an issue.What say you? hugs frank
I like what you had to say @A MyCOPDTeam Member I do a lot of walking and what ever else i have to do. I go to pulmonary rehab twice a week for an hour each time but still i walk or do what ever when i am not there. I know that they usually have pulmonary rehab at most Hospital that's where i go its a program they have. I hope you all can find something or do what your Doctor tells you to do. Good luck have a good day.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member It's indeed a huge problem worldwide, they say there exist on-line video programs, but of course it's not the same thing. For others, kinesitherapist can come at home to train you to exercice safely. Others do exercice by themselves: walking, cycling,... As a matter of fact, I think that 30'/day of exercice will do the job (at 2.5 MET, like: vacuuming, putting things in order, washing dishes, light gardening, walking at home, climbing some stairs,...). After 60+ years old, with COPD, we can't force our body too much, but we must move absolutely. In groups session, it's more fun and good for the mood. Hugs
A lot of the hospitals are running a program for lung rehab
Yes, I agree. If they themselves had COPD, they certainly would put the rehab in a easily accessible location. Oh well, just had to gripe about something. Happy New Year!!!