Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Brussels, Belgium

As some know, I'm doing my best to find some Positive side out of the Negative we, COPDs, are living... (sound "silly" and yet, who knows).

So here is some Positive:

The worldwide "today trends" is the slow life that has emerged as a response to our often frenetic daily life, promoting a rhythm of life that allows us to reconnect with the very essence of existence. This philosophy invites us to slow down to fully immerse ourselves in the moments we are living, thus promoting a more conscious… read more

January 19, 2025 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi @A MyCOPDTeam Member and I had a lawn maintenance/snowplow business and gave up mowing lawns this year as two people including my doctor told me that the dust and heat may make my COPD worse. I only do a @ a dozen driveways which a few are freebies (sister, elderly neighbors) and am done within a few hours including shoveling at my house. Keeps me out of trouble and helps pay the expenses on the 2 trucks and equipment. Stay warm and have a great day!!😀

January 21, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Great saying @A MyCOPDTeam Member and good attitude @A MyCOPDTeam Member! I strongly believe that exercise, vitamins, and trying to keep away from stress is key for those with COPD!! Staley took me on a 2.25 walk on a nice trail and was able to keep going to warmer temps (@40) but will not be going out until the end of the week since temps will only reach the teens and 20. I have found that extreme cold makes it much more difficult to breathe as well as Staley🐕‍🦺 would much rather stay in his warm and cozy bed. I've been fighting a cold but will have to go out and plow snow In a few hours (midnight) but can usually be done my local route of @ a dozen driveways in 2-3 hours per pass. This is only the second plowable snowfall this year. Hope everyone has a Marvelous Monday!!!😀

January 19, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member you be safe out there plowing at that ungodly hour of the night!! Take care! Chris January 20, 2025

January 20, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Love this! I have Bronciectasis, if I hurry I loose more breath,and I get fatigued so I need to take lots and lots of breaks. Slowing down a bit ,and doing some slow breathing exercises is valuable. Finding a quiet place to pray. I read after dinner for a short time. Amazing how many books you can finish like that. There’s an old saying I like that goes something like this, “Do less, be less, think less, feel less, strive less, worry less, argue less, fight less, stress less,…”you can add your own verbs to this list, if you like 🌸🌷🩷Victoria

January 19, 2025 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member,Dominique02 I think Most all of the options listed on the Slow Living Graph are only Achievable if the Stress/ Anxiety levels are Low. I'm not disagreeing. You have to eliminate that before any of the other Branches can be achieved. Being Comfortable in your own Skin is Most important. I am so fortunate to be where i'm at at this point in life. I'm Not supposed to be here according to the Dr's in 2017, almost 8 years later, Here I is!! lol The Mental controls Everything.... Happy Sunday from Kaiko and I....

January 19, 2025 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dorchester, UK