My pulmo said no DM also, just regular Musinex. Liquid mullein is really helping me.
You will still cough, when needed. The difference is, the Mucinex DM thins any buildup in your lungs which makes it a lot easier for you.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member, I'll try the tea when I run out of the tincture. The liquid is quite expensive. I just put the drops in my mouth, I suppose I could make a tea with it as well.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member I have also replaced the Mucinex with a cup or two of the Mullen tea a day. I also use the tincture if I am out of the tea. It seems to do the same thing and it doesn't cost as much.
I take take it twice a day morning and night when I need it. I was told to use the MucinexDM. Told the doctor it was expensive so he wrote out a prescription for it. Mind you I only use it when I am fighting a cold and have excess phlegm to clear out. Not a drug you want to be using all the time.
We are all different as to how medications work for us so make sure you clarify it with your doctor. [As you can see 3 say no but my Dr said yes.]