Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
San Diego, CA
November 20, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I haven't been to a pulmonologist in 7 years. Got tired of them taking scans, saying yep it's there. Most of the time they just tell you to take more meds. I walk my dog every day about half an hour with an oxygen tank on my back. Never had a worthwhile visit with any of them. My PCP orders all my meds. I'm past the age of a lung transplant qualification.

November 20, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi @A MyCOPDTeam Member and good job walking and being active! I walk almost daily with my dog and do other exercises. I also take Vitamin C and MULLEIN drops and gummies which i find to help greatly. I have not been to my pulmonary doctor in years since my Primary care doctor is very good and knowledgeable on COPD. I have stopped taking inhalers since I learned that Advair contains steroids and the price of $600 is outrageous and I will not make these GREEDY drug companies any wealthier since I'm doing ok without them. I was diagnosed in the ER in 2017 and am still somewhat active. Good job and hope to see you again here! Take care!! ๐Ÿ‘ John ๐Ÿ˜€

November 20, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes it is

November 20, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Please correct me if I am wrong @AI, but I was lead to believe that COPD was not a disease by itself, but a blanket term for things like emphysema, asthma, bronchitis, etc.. I have been telling people all along that they do not have two separate diseases, that COPD is a blanket term that covers respiratory illnesses.

November 20, 2025
MyCOPDTeam

What should you expect when you have ACOS?

ACOS (asthma-COPD overlap syndrome) is a condition where you have features of both COPD and asthma. If you have ACOS, you may experience more symptoms and potentially more serious flare-ups compared to having COPD alone.

Common symptoms to expect include:

- Trouble breathing
- Show Full Answer

What should you expect when you have ACOS?

ACOS (asthma-COPD overlap syndrome) is a condition where you have features of both COPD and asthma. If you have ACOS, you may experience more symptoms and potentially more serious flare-ups compared to having COPD alone.

Common symptoms to expect include:

- Trouble breathing
- More mucus or phlegm than normal
- A chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Wheezing
- Fatigue
- Frequent lower respiratory tract infections

People with ACOS often have more symptoms than those with just COPD. They may also experience more serious attacks, which can lead to higher hospitalization rates. Because of these more intense outcomes, your doctor will likely need to adjust your treatment plan specifically for ACOS rather than treating it as standard COPD alone.

Your symptoms may be chronic but can also come and go over time, which is characteristic of the asthma component of this condition.

November 20, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Ohatchee, AL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Upper Marlboro, MD

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In