Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
February 14
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

See my pulmonist every 6 months, GP usually every 6 months but sometimes he wants to see me in 3 months, cardiologist every 12 to 18 months only because my GP or pulmonist want me to. No sense in going to cardiologist because I don't want any more testing or procedures. We just visit and he runs an EKG and listens to my heart.

February 14
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It is an interesting question Spanky, but you know it all depends on our conditions.
I see my pulmonologist ever 6 months. They wanted monthly, with monthly CT scans because of my nodules. [That is not happing any more, cost too much and a pain in the ass.] I see my cardiologist 2x a year, and my GP once a year.

What do you ask?

February 15
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I see my Pulmonologist the least of all my doctors! I see him twice a year, but have so many other things wrong that it seems I am always running to the doc. They all finally agreed that most questions can be answered through a special email system, so it's been ok. How about you? How often do you have to go to the doc? @A MyCOPDTeam Member

February 14
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I have had 2 pulmonologists with Kaiser over 5 years and never met either of them. With the email system they have and you can order meds, ask questions, advice system and video appointments it's easy to avoid appointments if you don't like going in person. Of course if they ask you to you have to go but can easily do ,most things online.

February 16
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@mzerjav That sounds reasonable. I had the one nodule and had 5 radiation treatments with CT scans now every 4 months. My onocologist is very accomodating in tele visits or phone conversations . I plan to speak with my doctor's that seem to over use visits. when everthing is in control. I would love to have a doctor to take care of me in a one stop but they all want to be termed specialists .That's my opion😐

February 15

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Colonial Heights, VA