just go with the flow and do your best to stay healthy. this is all we can do !! enjoy what you have.
Deb we all fight the depression. It is hard but don't let it win. There is nothing to fear you're going to be ok. Staying active helps, getting up and moving every 30-60 mins will greatly increases your health and breathing. I find exercise to be helpful with keeping my mind off the dread and thinking about doing more. I like to walk and at first I couldn't make it to the mail box. But now a year later I can walk around the neighborhood. If you haven't yet you may want to ask your pulmonologist about going to pulmonary rehab. That will really help you.
We are here if you need to talk or vent.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member. I just want to tell u. I’m stage 4 and on O2. 24/7 I too thought my life was over but after I started pulmonary rehab and joined this group I now c that this is a slow progressive disease. I know it’s a life changer and we all had to adjust our way of living. U need to exercise even a little do it slow and practice the purse lip breathing while doing it. I stay inside in my AC which helps my breathing. I found that I like to paint by numbers to occupy my relaxing time. I only go out for dr appointments. I try not to b around crowds cuz I don’t want to get sick. Please adjust ur lifestyle to ur breathing abilities. Some people live years. If u smoked i hope u quit it slows the disease
I hope u have a good pulmonologist and he give u the treatment that works. I’ve added u to my team please reach out if u need to take to someone. There’s a lot of experience on this site.
If you didn't have COPD you still wouldn't know how long you have left to live @A MyCOPDTeam Member; no one knows. I understand your not wanting to leave your children, but it will happen some daay. You probably have many, many years yet to enjoy your children, so try to enjoy each day as it comes. Hugs, Chris 5/2926
Hi debaltermier you should not be afraid of dying it's part of life think about all that you have accomplished in life the good Lord gave you the time to just do what you set out to do dying is scary because you don't know what to expect every person on earth fears death being depressed doesn't help take what life you're got and enjoy it. Don't isolate your self you're only punishing yourself cause you can add more memories there is a world out there concur what you can do your best. It's a lot better than felling depressed it will only make your situation worse you have a choice I hope you make the right one take care and God bless