Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Charlotte, NC
July 13
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When you think back it's amazing and foolish the things we did just to have a cigarette. I thankfully do not miss it

July 29
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I also struggled with quitting. I hated that it was so addictive. Once I quit whenever I had a craving I told myself I would never be a slave to them again. I remember going outside in the dead of winter shivering just so I could have that cigarette. I am so glad i quit especially knowing how much they cost.

July 28
A MyCOPDTeam Member

To all of you who are still struggling to quit smoking, I have one thing to say: never quit quitting! Quit as many times as you need to to have it finally take effect and you realize that is doing your body absolutely NO good; that's why you are in this group right now. It took me a couple of years of cutting down, but that is how I eventually quit. Best of luck to all of you! Chris 7/19/26

July 19 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I still struggle with it daily, Have smoked a few times and realized that wasn't going to work 😊

July 14
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Found quiting to be easier than I thought. But I had also been diagnosed with pneumonia and a blood infection. Did not have much of a choice. Been almost 10 years. Believe it or not, I was in better shape then, than I am now.πŸ₯΄

July 14

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Watseka, IL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Vista, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Edmonton, AB