Answer Summary
Members discussing how stress affects COPD shared that anxiety is widely considered one of the biggest challenges for those living with the... Read more
I can see I am going to have to step in here again @A MyCOPDTeam Member WHY WOULD YOU NOT plan for things for when you are no longer here?? I have had my funeral all planned and paid for for 10 years already! @A MyCOPDTeam Member must have a reason for his concern over his grand daughter's well being after he is gone or he wouldn't have mentioned it. He has already said the child's father is no good, so maybe there is no family left. I don't blame him at all for being concerned. Just don't assume everyone has the same outlook on life that you have and may have a legitimate reason for concern. Bowing out now. Hugs,Chris 7/19/26
Stress equates with anxiety, the worst enemy for COPD.
Breath easy, God bless you.
Peter
Jerkman, being a mother/grandmother that has had a couple of her daughters live in my home I understand. If the daughter I am going to discuss finds this I hope she forgives me for sharing. When I moved out of state there was no one to take the 2 yr old twins. My oldest daughter had just lost her only son, my eldest granddaughter just had her 2nd child and lost her only brother, I was leaving state with one daughter and my only son lived out of state. We could not take them out of state and was told by the case workers & supervisors that it pretty much never gets granted by a judge. My kids were totally against me coming out of retirement and spending every penny to try and get them if I moved back to Arizona. They were concerned about my health, etc. It would take months possibly up to a year and no guarantee. Thank goodness things have changed for the best for their mother and she now has the children and the case is closed. It about destroyed my family & I held so much anger and disappointment.
What I am saying is to take time to think about the entire family and the family that you made. Not all family is blood. Who do you feel and see being good parents. Will they help guide her in the right direction. Is there anyone that your granddaughter favors/enjoys visiting? Get to know the ones that may come to mind better before having that possible conversation. If you do find someone get something in writing and make it legally bound so you know she will be protected. If I would have been able to get the twins I already had 2-4 people in mind that just couldn't do it at that time because of the limitations & regulations. They had already agreed and I would have had the paperwork done for them to be the guardian as soon as they were able.
It will be ok. It will work out for the best. It always does. Trust your heart and your gut!
Hello, when you mention stress to me it means anxiety, this is the worst enemy for a person with COPD, I get this every day without fail , in more ways than you can imagine, the answer is to try and relax as best you can, good luck.
Breathe easy,
God bless you.
Peter x
VERY WELL SAID @A MyCOPDTeam Member!