Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭

My pulmonologist feels that a biopsy would be too risky. The nodule is very suspicious. I will receive five radiations treatments. That should zap it.

August 5
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members offered warm support and shared personal experiences around the topic of lung nodules, with many describing years of routine... Read more

Members offered warm support and shared personal experiences around the topic of lung nodules, with many describing years of routine monitoring through CT scans and screenings without significant changes. Several members shared that their nodules remained stable over time, while one member shared going through five radiation treatments and now receiving scans every four months. A recurring theme was frustration with feeling uninformed by doctors, with many saying they learned more about their conditions through online communities than from their medical appointments.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Jeanne I had one a couple years ago. The Doctor told me about it but wanted to watch it to see if it grew any. The next time i seen her she said it had not grown so they will just keep an eye on it. So it was ok for me. Is yours big or in a bad area i wish you the best with that i will mention you in my prayers. I know its hard not to but try not to worry to much. Take care wishing you well.

August 5
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I have been told that I have a long nodule but I've also had it sent like 2018 and there's been no change so I'm not worried about it anymore put it in the back of my mind and forget about it unless something different occurs

September 1
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Exactly right @LinArceneau. I got my first (last and only) inhaler about 10 years ago but I have never had one single test to tell me officially I have COPD. My NP at the time just out of the blue told me she made an appointment for me with a puolmonologist. I had never even HEARD of COPD or a pulomonologist. The first visit he prescribed the inhaler and nothing has changed since except that when I turned 75 he told me I was too old to get the normally required CT scans every year to see if my nodules have changed. Ain't life grand? I used to get yearly xrays too, but haven't had one for quite a while now either. Never took a breathing test or walking test. Anyway, I am doing just fine so I can't complain I guess.
I hope some day the sooner the better, you at least find out what kind of COPD you have. It may make a difference in the treatment plan. I wish you the best Lin! Hugs, Chris 8/16/26

August 16
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, Chris, and it's sad the number of people here on this site who have simple questions that should've been voluntarily covered by their "Doctors". Doctors should voluntarily tell their generously paying patients the what's, when's, how's, where's, ifs, but, etc. . .so that, as i've said, their patients don't have to get the best information from their friendly Walmart greeters. For myself, after all these years of going to Doctors, I still don't know what kind of COPD I have, what stage, etc. I was given a couple of inhalers, was never told how or when to use them, what they're for, etc. When I say, everything I know about COPD, I MEAN EVERYTHING I know about COPD I've learned on the internet. The only thing I learn from Dr visits is where to go on my way out to schedule my next appointment and pay for this visit. And I live in what is considered the world renowned center of medicine. Feel sorry for the folks living in small off the path towns. Lol.

August 16
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Wow, isn't it strange how different doctors can be @A MyCOPDTeam Member!? Glad they are checking on it for you. Chris 8/16/26

August 16

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Athlone, IE