Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Carencro, LA

I am hoarse . I am coughing but Hard to cough up any mucus . I been taking 2 TBS. of Honey morning and 2 at bedtime . SO FAR the same . ANY Suggestions ??

January 25, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had the coughing problem for years and could not loosen the mucus in my throat. I was given a prescription for Guaifenesin twice a day, now it is a non prescription item. It has totally stopped the cough and loosened the mucus so you can cough it up when needed. I get mine at Cosco as they have the best price and this is the best thing I have found. I have used this product for 20 years and has really worked for me. I hope this helps someone as it did for me.

January 27, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have been using Musinex to get the phlem up ,it does help .Dont want to use prescription antibotics unless necessary ,& warn lemon tea or warm salt water for hoarse throat also honey in tea .....see if it will help you .....

February 16, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

guaifenesin it works for me also

January 27, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@I also use guaifenesin cough syrup and u r right it does the trick

February 3, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Keep up using the honey & lemon hot tea & gargle with warm salt water it takes time..Hugs

January 27, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Michigan Dearborn