pushed a little harder today i did about half of my 1/4 mile on the treed mill at 1.5 speed. i do this with oxygen and when i get done i check my 02 levels. the odd thing is even though im working harder and breathing a bit heavy my 02 level go up it was at 99 when i got done. it is usually 96 at a resting state with the same amount of oxygen. i really don't fully understand this.
You were probably deep breathing that will drive up your oxygen reading to 99. When I took Pulmonary rehab, I exercised at a 1.0 oxygen level (on the O2 cylinder). I could raise my oximeter level from 93 to 96 just by breathing correctly (deep breathing, purse lip breathing).
You’re breathing harder and deeper. Doesn’t it Suggest that maybe you’re not breathing properly at rest?
well if that is the case i should be exercising 24/7 lol
When you exercise you breathe deeper, that's why.
Jean