Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Philadelphia, PA

I was drinking water and some of the water went down the wrong way and I started coughing real hard. I got dizzie and landed on the wall behind me from loosing my balance. Scared the crap out of me.

February 25, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes.... the coughing attacks are so strong at times that I try to make sure I can sit down or hold onto something 😊. Feels like my head is going to explode or my eyeballs are going to pop out. And if I am around people when this happens, sometimes they look at me very strange like.... girl you are loud but are you okay πŸ˜….

February 28, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I did more when I was still smoking. It did happen to me last week while in a restaurant. Very embarrassing. People ask a hundred times "are you OK?" Of course you can't answer lol

March 7, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes that has happened to me a few times and it scares the bejeesus out of me.I wear a life alert necklace,but if I pass out before I can mash the button,I worry about that alot

March 20, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

yes I pass out sometimes

February 27, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When you drink water, drink little and sit down, relax when drinking.

February 26, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Duluth, GA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
St Louis, MO

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Philadelphia, PA