Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pueblo, CO

I am finding that I'm losing my voice and hacking a lot just to try to get it back. So annoying, plus I get these red dots under my skin in places. Otherwise it seems to work. I also have at times wheezing with it. Is this normal?

March 1, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I used Advair and had same problem, Dr took me off and now using Atrovent and Symbicort

March 1, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I find I get a little hoarse, so I make sure I always drink a couple of mouthfuls of water. I find I get much drier in winter. I add waterbowls near heating vents for moisture. Also, I'm home alone during the day & don't talk much. I think that adds to hoarseness.

March 2, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My voice is croaky all the time and my skin is like crepe paper - so thin and wrinkled it just tears off!! I also have blood spots and lots of blood loss, But I am on blood-thinners as well to help with clots on my lungs. These also cause very thin skin and heavy bleeding. Doctors struggle to insert cannulars. My arms and legs are covered in unexplained bruises, ranging from black down to pink. I seem to have all the side effects on this site !!!!!!!

December 29, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I agree. I think there has to be effects. My dr always pulls out that flashlight to look inside my mouth. I find Ludens Mousture Drops help a bit. I tendto get very dry lately.yes, I do have a water cup on my concentrator.

April 29, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I've been on both for like 14 years and all this just started about 2 years ago. The no voice, etc. It is worse in the morning and later at night. It is weird that it happens to quite a few of us.

April 23, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Angels Camp, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pueblo, CO

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In