Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jacksonville, FL
March 26, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You can fine the SSDI guidelines on the Social Security web site. They use volume blown in a spirometry test.

Jean

March 27, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I became eligible when I went on oxygen 24/7 and could no longer work.

March 26, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had to retire when I went on oxygen while ambulatory. [No oxygen tanks on job sites.] When I applied for SS disability. I got approved in now months not 6 like it normally takes. They told me I could/should have gotten on 2 years earlier. They consider "Severe COPD" the determining factor.

Helps to have copies of all your records and tests.

July 10, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

They go by your lung functions study. They have to have a statement from at least 2 doctors.

March 26, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Been waiting in April for 2 years On oxygen CPAP and nebulizers Also have a lawyer Lung function test was bad Also have 2 other SSDI guidelines disabilities besides COPD

March 15, 2024

Related Questions

View All

SsI

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sylvester, GA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Halifax, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jackson, MS

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In