@A MyCOPDTeam Member , Thank you Dan . I have had PF tests but never get told what stage I am at. I think it's time to put me foot down with the doctors and ask for direct answers from them. Thanks again Dan and easy breathing x
I believe there is 5 stages of copd. I am at stage 4 and am at 27% lung function. I don't put a lot of my time worrying about what stage but concentrate on staying active, biking in my living room, using a medicine ball for leg lifts, sit ups and arm raises. It is important to keep your diaphragm active and strong. See if you can get involved in your local pulmonary rehab clinic and better breathers club. They can assist you with this. Good Luck.
. The test is administered by a trained person and takes one hour and there is no meds taken that day. have only had one Doctor properly measure the volume and that was in Calif. Have seen 2 specialists here and various MD`s and
an Allergy specialist. All they do is check the meds u r on and have you come back regularly. For under 20 dollars order yourself a incentive spirometer off the internet and use it to measure your own progress and to exercise your lungs. The readings are deemed inadequate by the medical profession.
they say there are 4 .4 is quite bad