Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kitchener, ON
October 31, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Mild, FEV1 greater than 70%; mild, greater than 50%; severe, greater than 30%; very severe, less than 50%.

November 1, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have read 4 and doc agrees with that :)

January 9, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Great post and we'll said. A number is just a number.

December 29, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am severe - still go about my life. No, I can't walk the five miles from a football stadium parking lot into the stadium - but wouldn't be doing that at 70, anyhow. however, continue to keep my house, cook, clean the kitchen, wash clothes, vacuum, go to the store, etc. things most 70 year olds still do. Again, wish I didn't know I was stage 3. It has changed my mind set and made it a little more difficult to remain optimistic. But boy do I try.

December 28, 2016
A MyCOPDTeam Member

There are actually 4 stages. I think Stage 4 is "extremely severe,"

December 3, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Banning, CA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Georgetown, KY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In